AIP Conference Proceedings uses author-prepared PDFs for all published content and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Therefore, it is important to ensure that all manuscripts are submitted in their final form and that all fonts are embedded. AIP author template packages contain comprehensive advice and guidelines for authors—including a DO’s and Don’ts checklist—all papers must be prepared abiding by these guidelines. Well-prepared manuscripts enable rapid publication and reduce unnecessary work for editors. When preparing your manuscript for AIP Conference Proceedings, please abide by the following requests:
- Download your template package for Word or LaTex.
- Do not add page numbers or headers/footers.
- Do not alter the margins of our templates.
- Paper size is 8.5 x 11.
- The paper must include the author name and full affiliation address including country.
- Use clear, legible graphics and diagrams contained within the margins.
- Do not use copyrighted material without permission and proper crediting.
- All pages are to be in portrait.
- References are prepared using our sample reference guidelines (available in the template package). References can only be linked if they are complete.
- Embed all fonts into your manuscript PDF.
What to send to your conference organizer
- A final PDF file of your paper with fonts embedded.
- A signed License to Publish Agreement.
- Copies of permissions to re-use copyrighted material.
Notes on the AIP Conference Proceedings templates
The following downloadable packages contain the AIP Conference Proceedings templates, together with the License to Publish Agreement and other additional documents you may need. The packages also contain detailed advice on preparing your manuscript, including a wide range of examples showing how to prepare and style references.
Standard 8.5 x 11 templates
The following templates are AIP Publishing standard, and you must use them for all AIP Conference Proceedings volumes: